Have vaginal itching and noticed blood from vagina. is it serious problem?

I have vaginal itching from few months and now I see blood bleeding in from vagina.Is this a serious problem .Am worried please help
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possible infection Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. It is possible that the symptoms you are experiencing are related to a fungal infection. This can sometimes cause symptoms of significant itching and discomfort. Bleeding however if something different. It is necessary that you should make sure you are not currently pregnant. Sometimes bacterial infections can cause symptoms including itching and discomfort as well as bleeding. Sometimes these infections can be caused by sexually transmitted infections. If you think you might be at risk for some of this type of thing you should talk about this with your doctor and your doctor might consider prescribing antibiotics. Let me know if you have any additional symptoms which might help us to further delineate what you need. I think at this point you do need to talk your doctor about your symptoms. A focused consultation and physical examination would be beneficial for you. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Have vaginal itching and noticed blood from vagina. is it serious problem? 24 minutes later
Am a virgin doctor.I cant be pregnant.Can there be any other reason.Can yeast infection be followed by Viginal bleeding
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible Detailed Answer: Its possible yeast could leas to bleeding from irritation. Also, hormone imbalance can cause this. I believe you should see a physician for an exam to better determine the cause and hopefully help you feel better soon. Dr. G