Have vaginal itching. Increased after using v-wash. Any home remedy?

Question
hi..m 32 female...m having vaginal itching from past some days so i started using v-wash and...but itching has increased after using v-wash, why? any home remedy for itching?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Intense itching in the vagina is commonly encountered in two conditions ,
One is The Candidiasis (yeast), this does present with intense itching and foul smelling curdy discharge.This condition can be easily treated with antifungals like Fluconazole.

The other possibility for such a problem is low estrogen levels leading to dryness in the vagina which stimulate the vaginal mucosa and cause itching.
Using the vaginal wash might have added to the dryness to the area causing an increased itching.
Do get examined by a gynaecologist and ascertain the cause to get treated.
Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have vaginal itching. Increased after using v-wash. Any home remedy? 6 hours later
Benadryl is the one which we use for cough treatement...will that be helpful in this case?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Benadryl is an anti allergic tablet and it is also used for suppressing the allergic cough. You need to keep the area moist by using an aloe vera gel locally and take Benadryl tablet to suppress itching for a while. Specific treatment can be given only after a direct examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.