Have uterus cirrhosis, taken injections. Any other solution apart from extirpation?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
My mother suffers cirrhosis of the uterus it was initially measured 10 cm and after treatment with four injections it becomes 7 cm and some doctors advice her to extirpation and others to wait until menopause, but she still has menstrual, Is there any other solution instead of extirpation?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 14 hours later

Thanks for posting your concerns on XXXXXXX

There is no word called cirrhosis of uterus. Perhaps you have mistyped the condition here.

The size of the uterus can be reduced by giving hormones.

I am unable to comprehend the reason for removal of uterus without knowing the exact condition. Discuss with her gynecologist and let me know about her true condition.

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have uterus cirrhosis, taken injections. Any other solution apart from extirpation? 9 hours later
i mean Cirrhosis Cervical
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 12 hours later

I am sorry. There is no condition called cirrhosis uterus / cirrhosis cervical. Cirrhosis is a term used in association with liver and NOT the uterus / cervix.

If you have her medical reports or investigations, please upload them using the upload option available on this webpage. Alternatively you may mail them to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as ATTN: Dr. Manjunath

Awaiting your response

With Best Wishes