Have ulcerative colitis. Started getting severe headaches, facial twitching and nosebleed. Safe remedy?

I have been having severe headaches , facial twitching and nosebleeds going on about a month now. I am a healthy 39 year old male otherwise with the exception that I have ulcerative Colitis
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 11 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern.
Have you checked your blood pressure lately?
Do you take some medications for ulcerative colitis?
Is this headache throbbing in nature,aggravates on stress and relieved by sleep?
Do you have a habit of pricking your nose?
Are there skin rashes or bleeding from any other site?
Have you undergone any tests till date for this problem?
Kindly answer these questions for me to give you a better answer.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Have ulcerative colitis. Started getting severe headaches, facial twitching and nosebleed. Safe remedy? 9 minutes later
My blood pressure is normal, I don't pick my nose that I am aware of. The nose bleeds usually happen at night while I am asleep. The headaches feel like a balloon being inflated inside my head to the point that it feels like my head is going to explode. They come on at anytime. The twitching is my lower right eyelid and it twitches almost constantly and I also my top lip on the left side , this however only happens 1-2 times a day for about 30 sec. I take assacol for my ulcerative colitis but have been on it for 2 years. I have not seen anyone for this yet.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
I think your problem should not be ignored any longer.
Headache might be due to sinusitis/migraine/intracranial lesions.
Blepharospasm or twitching of the lids maybe related to the above mentioned causes.
You need an MRI brain and a Xray of the sinuses.
Please consult a neurologist at the earliest.
Meanwhile take acetaminophen for the headaches.
Wishing you a speedy diagnosis and recovery