Ask a Urologist   »  

Have tight foreskin of penis. Any alternative for circumcision?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have my penile foreskin still intact. And if i try to pull it back, it pains. Only some portion of my penis' head can be seen when i try to pull it back. Please suggest what needs to be done. I would not like to go for circumcision
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Condition of having tight foreskin of penis called as phimosis. In most of the cases circumcision is required.

In conservative approach following are solutions:
-Dorsal slit operation: In this small incision given by surgeon on prepuce.
-Stretching exercise: In this foreskin is manually stretched 2-3 times per day with mild force to widen its opening. It is used only for mild phimosis and take several months to show improvement.

But Circumcision is best treatment option. Circumcision can be done at any age, even at your age too. It is very safe and easy procedure (take less then 5 Minute). You will have to wait only 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

As you do not want circumcision, then you should do stretching for few months, if there is no response, you can proceed to circumcision or dorsal slit procedure.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have tight foreskin of penis. Any alternative for circumcision? 12 hours later
Thank you so much Dr. Mittal for addressing my doubt. I had a couple of doubts about circumcision.
1. What would be the risks involved?
2. I read a couple of articles on the internet and they said that it could be painful having sex after circumcision. Is that true?
3. Are there any unsuccessful cases of circumcision too?
4. What involves dorsal slit procedure?
5. If i go for circumcision, do I have to be on bed rest or something for a couple of days?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

1. What would be the risks involved?
Ans: Almost nil with qualified professional.

Ans: No. In fact it relieve pain associated with phimosis.

Ans: It is very easy procedure.

4. What involves dorsal slit procedure?
Ans: Incision is made on dorsal aspect of prepuce to enlarge its opening.

Ans: Bed rest is not needed. But you will have to wait 1-2 week for sex after circumcision.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.