Have the mirena coil, had a fibroid removed. Having irregular period. can IVF help to conceive?

Mar 2013
Hi, I have the mirena coil in place almost 3 years now for heavy periods and very irregular. I've had pain up and down in my lower tummy since then. 5 months ago I had a fibroid removed from the top of my womb(outside) since then i seem to have adhesions and my womb is immobile now because of them. I was given 3 options, to wait and hope it doesn't get worse, to have more surgery and risk becoming infertile and resort to IVF or to get pregnant asap - any advise would help greatly. Occassionally, I have a severe pressure in my lower tumy and back when i sit down and have to lie down to relieve it. There are days when I can barely walk with the pain let alone work. Thank you
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Before giving an opinion on such a critical matter, could I please request you to upload all reports.
That is, operative details or discharge card of your surgery.
Ultrasound reports .
Blood and hormonal tests.
Documentation and diagnosis of condition for which Mirena was inserted etc.
The details you give are too little and too vague for me to comment on what is such an important question.
Please take some time out, and scan and upload all papers.
It would greatly help me, in helping you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.