Have swollen lymph node on pelvis, rashes on back. Experiencing pain in back and hip. Any thoughts?

Hi, I have a few lumps under my skin that have been there for years. They are swollen more than normal. no redness in the area. I'm experiencing pain to the touch, back pain and hip pain. I also have swollen lymph nodes on my pelvis. And a rash on my lower back. Some shooting pain in legs. Thoughts?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

New swelling, pain, rash, lymph node enlargement all indicate secondary infection.

Do you have any fever? Do you have any known illness?
Where exactly are the lumps? Are the lymph nodes in the groins?
Can you describe the lumps in details?
Exact location, size, consistence (soft or hard), fixity (movable or fixed to the surrounding structures), contour (smooth curved or irregular)?

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of the affected area here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

How is the rash? (description)

I would be more specific once I get these details.

If the leg pains get worse, limbs feel weak, it may herald a nerve affection and demands urgent attention.
I would suggest to get detailed physical examination in that case.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!