Have swollen clitoris with white sore. How to get rid of this?

Mar 2016

My clitoris has abit of swelling and on the sides of what it is white sores and they burn
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am happy to help you.

There are several possibilities for swelled up clitoris with white sore. These includes as follows:

1) Vaginal/ Urinary tract infection (UTI)- more common in sexually active women.
2) Clitoris itself get infected -by repeated fingering /past blunt trauma or associated with genital herpes/yeast infection.
3) From skin disease like lichen sclerosus/ planus or a contact dermatitis from detergent/bath products/genital cosmetics.
4) Clitoral priapism- a rare condition.

The possibilities can be narrowed by pelvic examination (with or without speculum) and some investigations like blood test for STD profile & other serological tests, cell culture & antibody to HSV (1 & 2) for Herpes, Urine examination - routine & microscopy, Vaginal swab test for culture etc.

Treatments depends on underlying causative factor. You may need to take proper antibiotic therapy with local application of cream/ointment. Therefore, you need to consult with a dermatologist/gynecologist at the earliest for guidance through proper examination, investigation & line of management.

Following things are helpful to get relief from above condition:

1) Do not touch/wipe out genital area too much.
2) Maintain genital hygiene properly with proper washing.
3) Wear only clean & cotton underwear. Also avoid repeated friction.
4) Avoid using any type of chemical cosmetics or soap.
5) Avoid any type of sexual activity for at least 2 weeks.
6) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like vit-E etc) supplements.

I hope this information is sufficient & very much helpful to you.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health and try to practice protective sex in future.

Dr. Soumen