Have swelling on face, tightness on face and throat. Coronary angiogram done. Any solution?

My father age is 65 years. And he is suffering from swelling of face with tight feeling over face and throat on emotion and during exertion. He underwent coronary angiogram on 28th March 2013.
Sending you all the report please advice and inform the rish factor ...
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
For a start, its very good that his pulse, blood pressure levels and heart rhythm are within normal limits. He should continue being compliant ti his drugs continue with a low salt diet, vegetable and fibre XXXXXXX It would be interesting to discuss introducing low dose Aspirin in his treatment plan.
The SVG (Saphenous Venous Graft) require lots of considerations, both clinical and paraclinical. Its true echocardiographic findings are consistent with the fact he should be treated. An experienced cardiologist in the field should be consulted for his opinion. This requires much tact and experience. Considering the swelling and exhaustion he is experiencing, I suggest the intervention should be done.
I would however suggest other simple examinations to rule out common causes of similar presentations be done. I suggest a chest X XXXXXXX to rule out pulmonary disease, a reexamination of the ear, nose and throat spheres and a probable CT Scan to exclude an associated mass with which with compression, could produce swelling on the face and that kidney function tests be run. Excessive protein loss could cause oedema, which when kidney related, begins in the face.
Respect of drug prescription, discussion with his physician on impressions on introducing low dose Aspirin to his treatment plan, an apointment with an Interventional Cardiologist, reexamination to rule out other causes of swelling, chest X XXXXXXX and kidney function tests are my suggestions.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.