Have stopped taking Cymbalta. How long will it take to stop having side effect?

I stopped taking my Cymbalta 6 days ago. I have been on it for over 2 years. I was on 60mg once a day. How long does it usually take to stop having these horrible side effects I'm having?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
2 to 3 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
Based on my experience with my patients who have stopped taking cymbatta it takes them 2 to 3 weeks to stop having horrible side effects.
During withdrawal I recommend to my patients to avoid stressful activities, do relaxation exercises like deep breathing and have special diet which has a lot of fresh vegetables, fish, whole grain and avoid diary products, coffee and sugar. Before stopping cymbatta I usually encourage them to do tapering of the dose(gradual reduction of number of pills). In certain cases I encourage my patients to take over counter drugs, to alleviate withdrawal symptoms like nausea.
I have recorded success stories from patients. A lot of commitment is required from you plus supportive care from doctor and friends. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other questions.