Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any advice?

Jul 2016

hi doctor my wife is suffering from last 4 days with high stomach pain, high fever and liquid stools. My brother is a doctor and he recommended omniprzole empty stomach, paracetamol 650 mg and ciplox tz twice daily. But today temperature is not there but still high stomach pain with liquid stools ... please recommend
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Your wife is suffering from stomach pain and watery stools since last three days.This is an indication of acute infection in G.I tract termed as Gastroenteritis.Please get her stool examined Microscopic examination will reveal the nature of the bacteria so that you can give proper antibiotics..In the mean while continue the drugs prescribed by your brother.Since she is loosing water and salts in stools may get dehydrated so ensure to give salt and sugar mixed in lemon water and monitor her urine output..This will prevent any electrolyte imbalance.If she develops signs of dehydration She has to get admitted in Hospital to give Intravenous fluids.Please do not hesitate to ask me any suggestion O.K Good luck and speedy recovery of your wife.