Have sprain in neck. Suggest some effective medicine

Sep 2012

Having a sprain in my neck for the past one week I took some pain killers, but not fully recovered then and there I have the pain
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 51 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Sprain in neck region occurs due to many reason. In our clinical experience, most common is musculoskeletal problem. It may occur when you are busy in mainly desk work.

So, you have to do the followings-
1. If you are busy mainly in desk job, you should take microbreaks for 5 minutes every one hour. 2. Stop the pain killers. It will aggravate your ulcer. If required, you can take only paracetamol 650mg.
3. Continue the omez as it is.
4. You have to do some freehand exercise.
5. So, consult with an orthopedic surgeon for a clinical examination, for oredering required investigation like X-Ray, MRI, to rule out any bony abnormality and also for showing you some exercise and for prescribing required medicines.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.