Have soreness on vagina. Tested for vaginal thrush. Result showed normal. Any suggestion?

thanks for answering my question. Now I do think my question was not clear enough
but let me re-state it. The reason why I said that I was tested for vaginal thrush, is
simply because that is what my doctor thought my symptoms & signs were showing.

so after two periods of treating thrush, and still there was no improvement. a vaginal swab was carried out. Am not so sure if those other listed infections were tested for, but when I went back to get my results, the nurse told me everything was normal.
though that did not change the fact that I still had/have the soreness. I did not go back to the doctor, because to me she seemed not so bothered if I may say. so that is why I am using your services.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Since the vaginal swab culture has ruled out the infections, the likely cause of soreness is a vaginal dryness due to low estrogen levels, dermatitis - may be allergic or due to a neurological cause- vulvodynia. You can take methylcobalamin supplements and use a moisturising cream like aloe vera gel in the affected area for two weeks and see if there is an improvement.
Wishing you an early trouble free recovery. Do accept the answer if there are no further queries.