Have soreness on the skin between anus and vagina. What could this be?

Question
Soreness on the skin between my anus and vagina what could this be also I hv had exstreme pain on left side abdomin I had been to hospital durar time i trates positive for pregnancy second time i went I trates negative for pregnancy n surgeon said he thought i had a hernia i had 2 days of black bleeding then nothing other then strong left side abdomin pain. All pain went away now a week and half later I have trates positive for pregnancy again no bleeding no pain just soreness on the skin between anal n vagina also my labia seems to now be hanging out my vagina what could this be
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

It sounds like you have two problems:

1. You have had variably positive pregnancy tests. This is important to address and sort out. The fact is that the last test was positive. In the setting of pelvic pain that localizes to one side, the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy exists (a pregnancy in the tube). You need to call your OB/GYN and you need an hCG level drawn and consideration of an epidural.

2. Pain at the skin between the vagina and rectum. The most common cause of this would be related to a yeast infection of the skin. This can lead to swelling, irritation and redness. Itching is commonly a part of this but not always. The labia "hanging out" could be related to swelling, but should be evaluated on exam.

So in summary, you need to be seen as soon as possible and worked up for an ectopic pregnancy and someone needs to consider the possibility of a yeast infection of the skin on your bottom.

I hope this helps!