Ask a Urologist   »  

Have sore painful erection. How to treat this?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a problem I have a sore painful erection hard like a rock. this pain has been going on since 7 years now. What can I do to treat it?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for using Health Care Magic.
Painful erection suggests that the penile tissue is not receiving enough blood supply.
Erection normally occurs when the venous drainage is blocked and this causes engorgement of penile tissue leading to an erection. Even in this state of erection, penile tissue still receives blood supply. if there is a shortage, then it causes painful erection. Shortage can occur either due to less outflow or increased in flow.
To diagnose and assess it properly you need to get a Doppler of the penile blood vessels.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Sexologist

Follow-up: Have sore painful erection. How to treat this? 8 hours later
What is an Doppler penile blood vessel? is it a medicine? What other medicination I can use for my sore?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 hours later
Hello again,
Doppler of penile blood vessels is an investigative procedure. Its similar to an unltra sound examination that is normally done for pregnancy. Similar test is done to detect the blood flow and vessel diameters if the penile blood vessels. Its a non-invasive procedure and fairly accurate.
Regarding the medications, paracetamol can be useful to reduce the pain temporarily after sex but you need to investigate further to identify the exact cause and treat it accordingly.
For the purpose of the investigation you need to see a radiologist and for the treatment of the identified cause you need to see a urosurgeon.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Sexologist

Follow-up: Have sore painful erection. How to treat this? 16 hours later
Thank you sir for the message I will go and see an urologist then they might give me an referral to see a radiologist tech.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Hello again,
Yes, you should see a urosurgeon first. He will plan out which investigations you should go ahead with.
If you are satisfied with the answer you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Sexologist

Follow-up: Have sore painful erection. How to treat this? 30 minutes later
I will contact an urosurgeon as you request. Thank You very much have a great day.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Wish you a great day as well.