Should I undergo valve replacement surgery for calcium build up in heart valve?

I am 76 In heart valve replacement surgery and I can not get do to calcium around another one that needs to be replaced. Doctors here will not help me. I was first digaued Oct 14 and had echocartagram done the week after and tee scope Nov 18 a week after the tee the doctors wanted a new echo was doneDec 2 and went to doctor Dec 5 and saw the surgeon on Dec 9. I am get feed up please help
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: please upload the reports Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read all your medical history and I understood your concern. Based on what you are saying you suffer from aortic stenossis. The decision if you need to go for surgery is based on clinical data (chest pain, syncope or dyspnea) and echocardiography findings (ECHO and TEE). I would like to say that I need to have your ECHO and TEE report, in order to say something more about the indication and type of surgery. You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. Meanwhile from what you are saying, I would suggest doing angiography before going to do any cardiac surgery. Than based on your ECHO, TEE and angiography data I would probably suggest a valve replacement with a biological prosthesis. I'm looking forward to have your ECHO and TEE results as requested. Dr Benard
Follow-up: Should I undergo valve replacement surgery for calcium build up in heart valve? 5 hours later
I have calcium build up in the heart valve and around the outside of it. I have shortness of breath sometimes. and also I need valve replacement the valve by the one with calcium. will I survive surgregy. or will I die . no doctor here will help me
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Usually, the mortality rates is around 2.3% in the hospital which is very low. The permanent solution in your case could be the valve replacement through open-heart surgery with the same low mortality rates. Also there are two other invasive procedures for aortic replacement; Minimally invasive cardiac surgery and Percutaneous aortic valve replacement (which have less mortality rates). But you should talk with your doctor to evaluate if your case is suitable with this alternative procedures. There is a way of calculating the risk of your next operation, but I need to have more of your data: - your current height, weight, ethnicity group - if you are also taking meds for diabetes Looking forward to have the additional data to help you calculate your survival rate. Dr.Benard