Have soft squishy pink growth inside lower lip following dental work. Had skin cancer. related?

I have a soft squishy pink growth inside my left lower lip which appeared following dental work last October.
I assumed it was metal allergy but now it has grown and shows when I smile. Also something similar is
happening now on right side, inside lip. I had skin cancer some years ago and now wonder if this is related.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a image of the same

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. To give you a specific response, I would like to have a look at the growth inside the lips. If it is possible, please upload a image of the same. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

To me it seems like Aphthous ulcers that could be due to multivitamin deficiency. It is possible that it was due to the metal allergy.

How big is the growth? where was the skin cancer present that was there some years ago?

I shall wait for your response to give you a specific reply.

Follow-up: Have soft squishy pink growth inside lower lip following dental work. Had skin cancer. related? 53 minutes later
size similar to end of pinkie finger. I can gather it up, flatten it out, it is sensitive
to touch and sometimes I bite it when I am eating but skin not broken or bleeding.
I am studying Cheilitis Glandularis (a rare inflammatory disorder of the lip, mainly
characterized by swelling of the lip with hyperplasia of the salivary glands.) Treatments proposed are listed.
I have had a problem with salivary glands on left side...will check this out with
my primary care doctor next week.
Skin cancer was on my face near my nose on right side. More than 10 years ago.
The metal allergy was my theory because I am prone to allergies of all kinds,
including toothpaste allergy. I will change my toothpaste and see if that makes a difference.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Great, you know quite a bit

Detailed Answer:
In my view, it is not cancer. Hence, please relax.

You could continue your study on Cheilitis Glandularis. In the meantime, consider taking multivitamin supplements with Vitamin C, Folic acid, and B12. These help in faster healing of the lesion.

Sure, do check with your primary physician about the problem in salivary glands on left side.

Please do the necessary changes and observe for improvement of your symptoms. It should all be gone by the end of 2 weeks from now.

Wish you quick recovery.