Have small, single pore scabs on scalp and neck. Required treatment?

Small, single-pore scabs on scalp and neck, concentrated around the back of the scalp and upper neck. Head lice 2 months ago. Treated twice (10 days apart). No remaining lice or nits. Friend seems to have same exact condition, both of us for the past 2+ weeks. Friend did not have head lice or treat for lice. I live in north India.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Head lice infection is ping pong infection.It means it gets transferred from one person to other and vice versa.

May be your infection got transferred to her and after you took treatment it got back to you.

May be you need a re treatment foe headlice.

Apply Permethrin lotion over the scalp.

Use a good shampoo containing salycylic acid shampoo.

Also oral antibiotics course of cotrimoxazole for seven days would be needed.
Cotrimoxazole is effective in head lice infection.

Also if you upload photographs of the affected area it would be helpful.

“You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Visit to a general practitioner or dermatologist will be helpful for diagnosis and proper treatment.

Anticipating your response.