Have small red cluster of small bumps around urethra opening. What could it be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Have small red cluster of small bumps around urethra (female) opening what could it be?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

The possibilities are:
Genital warts caused by human papilloma virus. Which can present in clusters.
Herpetic lesions, these can also present as clusters.
These infections can occur by skin to skin contact also apart from sexual intercourse.

Contact dermatitis to inner wear, soaps, detergents etc can sometimes present like this.

So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual nature of the lesion and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.