Have small pus filled pimple on labia and anus. Have burning while urinating and uncomfortable to walk. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012
Excellent

Question
Hi there I happened to appear with small pus filled pimples on my labia and on my anus. They burn when I urinate and are a bit uncomfortable when I walk. I am sexually active but I haven't had sex for two weeks and this kinda happened the day after I masturbated. At first I thought that the friction had been too intense but now I'm a bit worried. I did my share of research and I'm pretty terrified. Can it be an infection or is it something I should be really worried about. I had discharge and it was yellowish but there is no awkward smell or stickiness or cheesy like discharge. I think it's a pretty normal one. The ones on my anus are really annoying and they sting a lot when I urinate. What could I have and how can I take care of it?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be an infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I understand you are pretty much worried about this new development around your pubic area. My impression is folliculitis which possibly came about as a result of friction during masturbation with rubbing off of your hairs with infection of the hair shafts. Usually folliculitis is caused by bacteria such as staph or strep which are commonly found on skin. The friction created a bridge through your hair follicules, then you developed this infection. You do fill a stink during urination simply as a pressure from urination but not because you might be having a UTI.
Folliculitis is not too much of a hassle or a big problem, but sure can complicated into cellulitis or abscess. You can get over-the-counter topical antibiotic such as erythromycin or neomycin pomade to apply daily and also take oral analgesia to help with the soreness. Also try to keep a good hygiene by cleaning the area with antiseptic soap, washing off like twice daily and keeping a clean underwear.
Since you are sexually active, it will also be wise to be medically examined by a doctor who can determine if it is not STD-related affections and also by running some tests too.

I hope this info is useful and can help you.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Have small pus filled pimple on labia and anus. Have burning while urinating and uncomfortable to walk. Suggest? 3 minutes later
thanks, does it also apply to the anal area? I have a lot of those pus like pimples there and they feel like I'm burnt or something like that. Those worry me the most.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX

Folliculitis' favorite location is pubic area including vulvae, anus, gluteal region and all other areas that hair grows and have the tendency to fall off easily after friction (and also areas that are not airy). Do try applying the advise I gave you and if you do not get any improvement, please make sure you book an appointment with a dermatologist or doctor for evaluation and proper treatment.

Hope this answers your follow-up too.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Have small pus filled pimple on labia and anus. Have burning while urinating and uncomfortable to walk. Suggest? 9 minutes later
Okay, I will and thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you too