Have skin problem. Not cured by cymbalta. Visited multiple doctors and nothing abnormal found. Cure?

Dec 2014

I have a skin problem, i have been on cymbalta for ten years, nothing clears it up .i have had several culture that dont fit symtoms, seen four doctors and a contagious disease specialist, none agree, please help.......
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 42 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have developed lesions on skin. You have visited multiple doctors and nothing abnormal found. Medical history of Arthritis is only there.
I would like to know more about what type of skin problem you are having actually? You can tell in follow up query.

Now coming to question. Yes it is most likely due to Cymbalta.

Cymbalta is duloxetine. It is a SNRI drug, it causes increase in concentration of serotonin and nor adrenalin in brain. It is a good drug for depression, fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder and in neuropathic pain in diabetes.
It is a comparatively safe drugs. Skin rashes and skin side effects are not very common with it. But in some susceptible persons even serious skin side effects has been reported. They may be due to erythematous lesions or may complicate to XXXXXXX Johnsons Syndrome. If you have been declared normal by contagious disease specialist then other possibility is duloxetine only. In most of cases with the side effect gradual tapering of drug is advised.
I will advise you to go to your consulting Psychiatrist and take opinion about the drug dosing and skin reaction.
Hope I cleared your doubt. You can ask follow up question if you have more queries.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi MD
(Consultant Psychiatrist)