Diagnosed fibromyalgia, mostly bedridden, fatigue and pain. Suggest?

Been diagnosed fibromyalgia CFIDS mostly bedridden more i try to move get out fight fatigue and pain get more severe symptoms , so many things I want to do try to do are not possible. Haven't given up not depressed! Just feel like I'm missing out on life wasting life Grandchildren growing up so fast and I want to be enjoying doing things I want to do ? Don't know what else to,try to feel better. Getting worse ?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
other options still available

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is maybe important to note that treatment of fibromyalgia, especially when associated or implicated into a table of chronic fatigue syndrome is an individualized care. Treatment should be patient specific. Thus, there are no general rules to be applied to all in terms of treatment. Because the exact cause is unknown, individualization of care is of utmost important.

I suggest mainly the association of some life style changes and drugs. Exercise, having time to walk around, even a little as much as you can is of utmost importance. I suggest you do blood tests for Vitamin B and D levels. In case of deficiencies, supplementation in vitamins could be of great help.Vegetables and fruits should remain the mainstay of your diet. Getting enough sleep, thinking positive are important.

These measures associated with use of drugs is of utmost importance. I strongly suggest two main classes of drugs. Tricyclic anti depressants and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors are the most effective classes of drugs used.

Low dose steroids , like 10mg of prednisolone for short supervised period could very much help. You need a physician to have continuous access to him. As I said, the patient - client relationship in this case is of utmost importance.

Get a physician you trust, get vitamins screened for supplementation if needed, fruits and vegetables. Exercise, think positive and enough sleep. Tricyclic anti depressants, selective serotonine reuptake inhibitors and low dose steroids are major drug options. Consult your primary care physician you could have cordial, continuous and trustworthy relationship. As mentioned, treatment is really patient dependent.

Thanks and hope this helps. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.