Have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. On Cymbalta and lyric for pain. Would Sevella be helpful?

Question
Greetings. i have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. I am on Cymbalta and lyric (plus oxycocet and fentanyl) for pain. Would Sevella be helpful? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it certainly will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Yes , Savella would certainly be helpful. It has been used to treat chronic pain in patients diagnosed to have fibromyalgia.

I would recommend the same if your current treatment regimen does not help in sufficiently treating the pain (if present) you are experiencing.

I hope you found my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. On Cymbalta and lyric for pain. Would Sevella be helpful? 4 hours later
I also use flexeril, alprazolam, thyroid med for low thyroid, ARE there any reactions of these meds to each other or Savella, Cymbalta, and Lyrica?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lyrica and Cymbalta can interact

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again and welcome.

Thank you for your follow up query.

Out of the list of medications you are on, the only two drugs that can interact when used together are cymbalta (duloxetine) and lyrica (pregabalin). When used together these medications can have side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating and at times an altered mental state as well.

If you experience any of the above mentioned interaction effects, I would urge you to schedule a visit with your doctor for a change in medication. Please note that not all individuals experience these interactions.

God bless.