Have sinus drainage, fatigue, body temperature and cough. Suppose to have EGD. Cause?

Jun 2015

I have sinus drainage, fatigue, body temperature of 96.5 and a cough, What could this mean? I'm supposed to have an EGD in 2 days and am concerned about doing so while feeling this poorly.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upper respiratory tract infection (Sinusitis)

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be attributed to upper respiratory tract infection (mostly Sinusitis).

During EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy) an endoscope will be passed through the esophagus to visualize the upper Gastrointestinal tract.
In case of presence of an active infection in the upper respiratory tract, there is every possibility of transferring the infection to other parts of the body, including the Gastrointestinal tract.
Moreover, presence of cough will hamper the performance of the procedure.
Based on the above mention facts, it is difficult to conduct EGD unless the symptoms subside or the infection is brought under control.

So, kindly consult your General Physician & get a proper clinical examination done.
Investigations like complete blood count & X XXXXXXX of para-nasal sinus will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
Management will involve steam inhalation and intake of antihistamine, antibiotics & anti-tussive preparations.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.