Have shingles. Experiencing shocks in neck when using Ipad. Have a tumour in pituitary gland. Suggest the remedy?

I have shingles. Seemingly, I notice when using my I-Pad I experience shocks or stress in my neck which is where I suffer the most. I also have a tumor in my pituitary gland along with tmj and cts. This is a lot but wanted if these could have effect on each other by making the shingles worse. It is rough. I am 74. 5'8. Wt. 152.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No clear relationship

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I am afraid these actually do not have a relationship. Shingles are a virus related condition, and really have nothing to do with the other conditions.

I suggest you follow an appropriate treatment plan for Shingles. In case of recurrence, a treatment plan going for about four weeks could be very effective. Acyclovir ranging from 800 to 1200mg daily for this said duration of time usually helps. Analgesics could be added in case you experience any significant amount of pain.

It is however necessary to diagnose proper and distinguish shingles from other skin conditions (neurofiromatosis)that could associated with certain brain tumors.

I do think you need not be bothered about this association of shingles with the other cited conditions. Its a priority to get an appropriate management of the shingles with the available and fortunately effective drugs like Acyclovir that do exist. Please feel free asking further questions if need be. I suggest you consult your good health.

Bain LE, MD
Follow-up: Have shingles. Experiencing shocks in neck when using Ipad. Have a tumour in pituitary gland. Suggest the remedy? 6 hours later
I do have a tumor on my pituitary gland. Do I need to go back to have this checked. Went in August for check up? I had this since the first of September. It is still very painful. Fluid in rash has gone. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries for now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update and query,

I do not think its necessary for you to get it checked now, in case you had it checked in August. Most pituitary tumors are benign, and its important however to monitor the size. It is advised to follow up the size every 6 months for the first year, and then on yearly intervals depending on the clinical signs. I suggest you stay calm for now. You will however need to consult your neurosurgeon for an appropriate management plan. But fir the shingles and your condition, you need not bother much of a causal relationship.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD