Ask a Urologist   »  

Have sharp pain in penis. No discharge or pain when urinating. HIV negative. Any ideas?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a sharp needle like pain on the tip of my penis. It is very sporadic, lasts only a second, and repeats at random intervals perhaps several times an hour. I have no discharge or pain when urinating and the skin of the penis seems clear. I tested negative for HIV, Gonorreah and Clamydia (spelling) on 3/1. I have had unprotected sex one time since then, 48 hours ago but the woman assures me she tested negative for everything as well. Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 6 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
Needle prick like pain in your case might be due to
1-Stone in urinary tract which is likely
3- Mild local skin abrasion.

You should consult urologist to evaluate and management. Doctor may advise you to go for urine examination as well as investigations like ultrasound to rule out stone or renal pathology.

As you had unprotected sex, it is advisable to go for repeat evaluation for sexually transmitted disease.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Have sharp pain in penis. No discharge or pain when urinating. HIV negative. Any ideas? 11 hours later
I have not had any symptoms in 12 hours. I tend to think it was a mild local skin abrasion around the opening of the penis perhaps due to improperly administered oral sex from a woman (read: teeth). Thank you for your response. I notice you are a psychiatrist and not a medical doctor? I am confused as to how your field of expertise would be applicable in my case.

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 18 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me with additional information.

Psychiatrist is a medical doctor who also treat sexual problems. I assume that you would have taken it as psychologist who is not a medical doctor.

It may be possible to have minor abrasion due to teeth while having oral sex.

It is good to hear that you did not have symptoms since last 12 hours. So if symptoms recur, then you should consult your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.
If you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.