Have severe hair fall. On prosfer plus, androanagen and trichoton forte. Is this correct treatment?

Hi Doctor,
I am having severe hair fall from past 5 months and still daily i have 20 to 40 hairs falling. I am taking the following tablets from past 2 months:

Androanagen and trichoton forte - alternate days
With that am taking prosfer plus daily.
Applying tressgro gel twice a day
Please advice if this is correct treatment and how long it will take for my hair fall to stop
Also, I am having hairs growing back. Are these hairs thick or thin ones? Can i get my hair grow back?
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
So far you are taking correct treatment.
Androanagen and trichoton forte is multivitamin ,multimineral tablet and it also contains biotin and antioxidant .It helps to prevent hair loss and allows new hair to grow.Initially new hair may appear thin and on continous treatment they get thick and strong.
Hair goes through a life cycle.The hair has cycle of 18 months approximately.Treatment should last for atleast 3-6 months.
Continue the treatment given it will help you a lot.
Tressgro gel is herbal gel and not much is documented about its effect.
You can use Frissor gel instead or foligain lotion for application.
Both contain Saw palmetto which is good for hair growth and side effects free.

Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification, do let me know.
Follow-up: Have severe hair fall. On prosfer plus, androanagen and trichoton forte. Is this correct treatment? 10 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

One more question. Will the hair fall stop in 3 months?

Also, is this hair loss life long condition? Based on the diagnosis so far, doctor told that hair loss is due to hormonal imbalance. I don't have any thyroid problem. I had cyst one year back and now that is also not there. I am having brown discharge before periods. Doctor said that is the triggering factor for hair loss. Recently i have been having poor diet and my hemoglobin reduced 6 gms in 3 months.

Please advice if you have any diet solutions
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi Again,
Hair fall will stop in 3 months.
The treatment should be taken for minimum of 6 months.
Cause of hair fall in your case is-
Anemia or low Hb.
Hormonal imbalance due to cyst
Stress of surgery.

Continue the treatment and you will see results.

In diet you can take following for raising Hemoglobin-
Groundnuts and Jaggery everyday XXXXXXX leafy vegetables like spinach everyday
Vitamin C and lemon juice to increase the absorption
Meat and chicken if you are non vegetarian.
Dry fruits and apricots daily.

With correct treatment and diet your hairfall will stop and thickness will improve.

Hope this helps.