Have saturated fat around belly. How to get rid of this?

Hi doctor.....i have saturated fat around my belly hight is 5 feet 9.3 inch...and my weight is 75 kg....body fats are stored only at the belly...i also dosent take much calorie and do regular to get rid of belly fat??
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Fat around the belly is associated with increased risk of fat in the liver and an increased risk of heart disease.
To reduce belly/abdominal fat, you would need to do the following: reduce carbohydrate use.
When a person uses carbohydrates, it causes the body to release insulin. Insulin then acts to reduce the increase in blood sugar caused by using the carbohydrates, it also prevents the breakdown of fat. This is one of its major jobs. This is why persons on insulin tend to gain weight, their body is not breaking down fat.
If you reduce the amount of carbohydrates that you use, you would decrease the amount of insulin that your body releases and therefore increase the fat that is broken down in your body.

To reduce carbohydrates you would need to reduce your use of : rice/ pasta/roti skins/ breakfast cereals/ flour products.
You would increase your use of salads (lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes) and vegetables.
Your meals should consist of a salad , vegetables or some fruit along with protein.
There are some fruits that are high in carbohydrates such as apples, bananas, oranges, mangoes and pears.
There are also some vegetables that are high in carbohydrates and should be reduced, these include potatoes, corn and carrots.
You should try to cut out fruit juices and sodas and use alot of water.

It is good that you exercise, it should be at least 150 minutes a week or more.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Have saturated fat around belly. How to get rid of this? 30 minutes later
I hav fat deposited only at the belly , thigh and no where else in the creates unwanted figure of body.....does i take any medicine for that??
Please help me doctor i am suffering from this problem since 4 year.....
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 55 minutes later
Fat does tend to be placed in the belly area first before going to the rest of the body.
There are medications which can be used to help with weight loss,in general.
These medications are usually used if a person has tried diet and exercise changes for at least 6 mths and there in no significant change.
They can be prescribed by a doctor.

There are also alot of supplements and herbal remedies that are advertised to help with weight loss but in most cases there is not enough medical evidence to indicate that they work.

Please feel free to ask any additional questions