Have red and small red bumps under my breast. Applied fungal cream. Not cured. What is this?

Dec 2012

I have a rash under my breast for the last 3 weeks. It is red and small red bumps. I have tried powder, gold bond, desitine (for babies). It get a little better and then worse. So I thought it was a fungus and tried fungus cream and then it really started to hurt today. I need some relief. What do I do?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, the rash could be due to varicella zoster (order wise known as zona or shigella). It is usually red and very painful and follows a particular tract (known as dermatome) usually on the trunks. Normally a doctor should take a look at it to confirm the cause.
Treatment will require topical creams (antiviral such as acyclovir or steroid creams such as hydrocortisone) with oral medication to manage the pain and also antihistamine for itchiness/rash.

Hope this was useful.

Dr. Nsah