Have raised alk phos, wbc and lymphocyte level. What does this mean?

I have a raised alk phos and wbc/lymphocytes, what could this mean?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 40 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

A raised WBC normally means that your body might be fighting an infection

While a raised alkaline phosphate is not sufficient to make a diagnosis, this is normally raised in:
-Bone disease or disorder
-Liver abnormality
-Abnormality with the bile duct
-Normal in growing children

If along with your alkaline phosphate other parameters like aspartate aminotransferase--AST (SGOT) and alanine transaminase--ALT (SGPT) are elevated, it indicates a liver or bile duct condition. But if your AST and ALT are normal, then this is most probably due to a bone condition.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, or you could rate my answers after closing this discussion.

Best wishes.