Have pulsating feeling in the center of chest and above knee, which is sporadic. Suggest?

I have a pulsating feeling in the centre of my chest and also above my left knee which is sporadic.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Dear sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX .

Looking into the history you have given it is very non specific complaint but still we can discuss the possibilities . Since you give a history of having two stents that means you are suffering from heart disease which may lead to arrythmias giving rise to throbbing sensation which is a likely possibilty in your case. Aortic aneurysm also needs to be ruled out for such symptoms can be because of them . Any AV malformation can also lead to such throbbing sensation .

Throbbing sensation of left knee is a very uncommon complaint and cannot be expalined without examining the knee itself.

I advsie you to visit a cardiologist and get yourself evaluted fully . An ECG , 2 D ECHO may be necessary as your treating doctor advises.

Wish you good health .

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have pulsating feeling in the center of chest and above knee, which is sporadic. Suggest? 5 minutes later
The sensation above my left knee is a pumping effect would this be due to blood flow.As the symtoms seem to happen together.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Dear sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

It is possible in cases of aneurysm or AV malformations but that is very less likely . Only after examination your doctor would be able to tell you .

Dr. Shruti