Have premature ejaculation. Used to smoke cigarettes. Please help

I am having premature ejaculation problem. It is happening less than a minute. Using Duralast 30mg for past 10 days but no improvement. I used to smoke 5 cig a day. Also, the hardness remains for 3-4 minutes only if i am in foreplay. then it becomes small. please help me in rectifying the problem. some times it goes inside like a tortise head. It is not even straight. little cross is there.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:
*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for treatment:
-If person has PME then it frequently lead to Erectile dysfunction (ED).
-Ejaculation time increases with experience in sex. Do not worry about masturbation in past. But try to avoid masturbation now.
- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.
- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.
- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw your penis from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.
- If the symptoms persist then condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as LONG LAST/Extra TIME) and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like DURALAST 30mg (which you are taking already) will be helpful. Duralast contain dapoxetine and it is effective in 50-60% cases of PME. So, follow above other methods also for improvement.
-Penis is not straight. It commonly has some band on Left>Right side during erection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.