Have polysistic overies, stopped taking the pill and periods regular. Should I be worried?

Mar 2013
I have polysistic overies, I stopped taking the pill and after 3months my periods have
become regular again. Does this mean I dont have have worry about the polyps? Can I just get over polysistic overies?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Please understand the fundamental fact that polycystic ovaries and polyps are not the same.
Polycystic ovaries means that your ovaries have multiple egg follicles, more than normal, and none of them succeeds in becoming a mature egg follicle each month.
That is why you tend to have irregular menstrual cycles and difficulty in ovulation and conception.
You would need help of drugs like Metformin etc to regulate your cycles.
Please get tests done such as FSH, LH, fasting serum insulin, glucose tolerance test, adrenal hormones, TSH etc.
Women with polycystic ovaries can have difficulty in conception, and might require help of ovulation inducing drugs.
Babies cannot feed on polyps, and you do not have polyps.