Ask a Urologist   »  

Have pinching pain in legs and pressure in testicles. Doppler test showed varicocele. Suggest?

Jun 2015

I have pinching pain in my legs and pressure in tesicles. Color Doppler report shows a bit of varicoceal.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the details

Detailed Answer:

A. Regarding the problem of pain in legs, kindly let us know about the following:

1. Any recent history of injury or wear & tear?
2. Any history of systemic disease like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypo/Hyperthyroidism?
3. Lack of adequate hydration, proper nutrition & good sleep?
4. Any emotional factors like stress/tension?
(It can also lead to such symptoms)
5. In your history, you have mentioned about an episode of seizure disorder. Kindly let us know when did it happen & are you presently taking any medication for the same?
(Prolonged intake of anti epileptic drugs is known to produce such effects)
6. Habit of smoking or alcohol consumption?

If your answer to the above mentioned questions is NO, then the symptoms can be attributed to muscle spasm or deficiency of certain essential nutrients in your diet.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of anti spasmodics like Dicyclomine preparation (to be taken after food) & application of analgesic+muscle relaxant gel.
You can also add multivitamins & multimineral supplement to your diet, take good rest, maintain adequate nutrition & hydration status and avoid stress.

If symptoms still persist after 15 days, you need to get certain investigations like complete blood count, nerve conduction studies (to rule out any neurological cause for the symptoms) & estimation of serum electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium).

B. Regarding the problem of varicocele, the management depends on the Grade of the varicocele.
Majority of the Varicocele are asymptomatic, incidentally detected & do not need treatment.
However, symptomatic cases need to be managed surgically to prevent any damage to testes & sperm production.

If possible kindly attach the report of Colour doppler study.
It will help us in understanding your concern better & help in formulating a proper management plan.

Wishing you a good health.
Follow-up: Have pinching pain in legs and pressure in testicles. Doppler test showed varicocele. Suggest? 3 hours later
Lack of proper sleep, hydration and diet is there but rest all answers are no. I took AED only for two month's and left (2 1/2 years back). CBC report is normal. Was having lot of headache in temporal artery recently and my doc advised carbamezapine for 15 days for both headache and leg pain. Though headache has reduced but have legs and testicle pain.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query.

Carbamazepine is prescribed in cases of neurological pain (like trigeminal neuralgia). So, your treating Doctor has prescribed it thinking the same.

To rule out any neurological cause for your leg pain, you need to get consult a Neurologist & get a proper clinical examination done, including nerve conduction studies. MRI of the lumbosacral spine may also be needed to detect any compression of nerve.
Along with Carbamazepine, you also need to take Nervigenic agents like Vit B6, Vit B12 & Folic acid under the guidance of your treating physician.

The testicular pain seems to be due to the varicocele.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained with analgesics & anti spasmodic preparations, but definitive management should be taken depending upon the severity & grading of the varicocele.

Meanwhile, maintain adequate hydration & take a healthy balanced diet, get good sleep and avoid stress.
There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Have pinching pain in legs and pressure in testicles. Doppler test showed varicocele. Suggest? 27 minutes later
Thanks a lot Sir. I am highly obliged by your help. I am also taking Nervigenic agents along with AED. Will definitely go to a neurologist if the problem persists after 15 days of completion of AED course. Will improve my diet and sleep as suggested by you.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your appreciation.

Wishing you a Healthy life.

Dr Polash