Have painful red round spots all over scalp. What treatment should be done?

My 18-year old son has red round spots all over his scalp. They are all about the size of a pencil eraser and many have a white center. They look almost like flat pimples, except they are much larger and he has no acne on his face. They don't itch, but are painful, and they really are a bright red color. He has a small beard on his face but no red spots there.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later

I can understand your concern.

He seems to be having a breakout of folliculitis, which is bacterial infection of the skin.

I would recommend that he apply neosporin cream on the lesions.

That will resolve these lesions.

Also washing of hair with cetavlon shampoo will be useful.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.