Have pain right under right breast. What would it be?

Hi my daughter sometimes gets pains right underneath her right breast. It's like a knife piercing. What would it be?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 42 minutes later

Piercing like pain on the right chest wall, first I will think of is a costochondral pain in a young female(arising under the breast from the ribs). The reasons are largely unknown. It is not XXXXXXX too. In such a case a simple over the counter pain reliever like ADVIL helps her.

However I could see that she is using Diane35 and Proactive. There could be known side effects of Diane35. Hope she is not sexually active? If yes consider speaking to the local doctor.

Hope this helps.