Have pain in palm. Could you please help?

Sir i m XXXXXXX my age is 26. my body weight is 77. past one month i have pain in my palm could u please reply me thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Your short description suggestive for nerve compression syndrome , peripheral neuropathy, when occurring pain and paresthesias ( tingling, numbness, burning ) and may be involved entire hand ( in your case palm -almost one months ). For clarification I would recommend you nerve conduction test. At this point you may try over the counter Ibuprofen, or Acetaminophen, avoid movement and physical effort with affected wrist; you may wear neutral wrist splint. In persistent pain and confirmation of nerve compression , your Doctor may prescribe an injection - combination of corticosteroid and anesthetic . All these measures will help and don’t delay with consultation.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Follow-up: Have pain in palm. Could you please help? 14 minutes later
thank u sir
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 7 hours later
You are most welcome, good luck.