Have pain in lower middle abdomen. Had hysterectomy. Feeling pulled muscle and tender to touch. What can be done?

I have pain in lower middle abdomen. I had hysterectomy 10 months ago. Hurts when I move certain ways, almost feeling like a pulled muscle, but it is also tender to touch.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have an abdomino-pelvic ultrasound.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
Your guess may be write that this is a muscular pain as this has a relation with posture. Tenderness is really a point of concern.
I am not aware of the reasons for your hysterectomy but it may have a relation to that also. Other organs in your lower abdomen like ovaries (if they are left behind), urinary bladder & may be your bowel also may have a relation to this pain . On the other hand, this may be a problem of your abdominal wall only.
Best way to sort this out is to have an abdomen-pelvic ultrasound. This test is likely to give very helpful information.
If possible, visit your doctor for physical examination, as many minor problems can be dealt without going through tests if there are sufficient clinical signs.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues. Please write back if you want to discuss this further.
Wish you good health.