Have pain and soreness in upper inner thigh and bruise appeared behind knee. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have pain in my upper inner thigh similar to soreness from exercising (lunges) and on my outer lower quadricep just above my knee where it looks like there are tiny broken blood vessels or spider veins. Behind my knee there is a large dark bruise that does not hurt. Also, there is a tightness that makes it painful to walk or especially, get out of my car.
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The symptoms you are having are likely to be due to XXXXXXX vein thrombosis. Appearance of bruise above the knee without any history of injury is worrisome and needs an immediate medical attention. It can be due to platelet dysfunction or a bleeding disorder or thrombosis.You need to consult your physician for a detailed examination and necessary investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Long term use of hormonal replacement therapy can also cause such symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.