Have non alcoholic fatty liver. Vomited and got dark red dots under eyes, forehead. Concerned?

General Surgeon
I have non alcoholic fatty liver and the last few times I drank a lot I vomited violently and had dark red dots all under my eyes and my forehead, and yellow tint to my skin. It went away after a day or two.Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

This dots on your eyes and forehead could be caused either by blood vessels tear due to vomiting or by low blood clotting problem. Yellow tint of the skin can be a symptom of jaundice. As your liver is in not perfect condition, every alcohol usage makes it worse. You never know how much your liver can take, and the results may be fatal.
That is why in your case alcohol is rather not advised.
I suggest you to have liver tests performed (AST,ALT, GGTP) and bilirubin level, full blood work to see if your last alcohol intake did not cause major liver damage.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.