Have mild stomach ache and brown discharge during periods. What could be the reason?

Hi doctor,

I got mensist on 19th Oct and it was continued till 8 to 9 days. Usually i will get mensist only for 5 days.

Yesterday i got mensist in brown colour. Today also i am getting in brown and red.
i have mild stomach pain.
What could be the reason,
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 44 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Heavy menses is called dysfunctional uterine bleeding and menorrhagia.I would like to know your marital status and obstetric history.It can be due to fibroids in uterus also.
Hypothyroidism can cause endometrial hyperplasia and heavy menses.You get certain investigations done like Hb , Ultrasound , thyroid levels etc under doctor's guidance.Till then take tranexamic acid tablets and iron supplements.For pain you can take meftal spas under doctor's prescription.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Have mild stomach ache and brown discharge during periods. What could be the reason? 1 hour later
I am married and have one 2.6 yrs old child. Have done abortion twice.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Welcome once again
Get an ultrasound done to see any endometrial thickening so that the line of treatment can be planned according to that.
Till then wait and watch and can take tranexamic acid which will control your bleeding.
Best wishes