Have mild free fluid but still have good follicle size. Taking clomid 100 mg. What are the chances of conceiving?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi,My doctor prescribe me clomid 100 mg for 5 days starting October 21-25, Utz done on Oct 29 dominant follicle on L ovary-10.5 and R ovary-18.7,repeat utz Oct 31 L ovary-12mm and R ovary-20.5 and HCG shot given,repeat utz Nov 2 L ovary- 16mm and R ovary 24.5 but still not rupture, Utz on Nov 6 and mild free fluid seen and theres still 20mm on left and 18 on right.Is there a chance that i will conceive, when is the best time to have intercourse and is it normal that i already have mild free fluid but still i have good follicle size left on my ovaries?
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

According to your description there is possibility of rupture of dominant follicle of right ovary.
And this ovulation might have led to free fluid in the pelvic cavity.
After rupturing sometimes the follicle can turn into hemorrhagic cyst and that may be visualized as persisting follicle in the followup scan.
Usually only one follicle will rupture in one cycle, so possibly the follicle of left ovary will regress.
You have to plan unprotected intercourse around 6th November.
On the day of ovulation is the best time, one day before and one day after can be considered as more fertile days.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have mild free fluid but still have good follicle size. Taking clomid 100 mg. What are the chances of conceiving? 9 hours later
what is the best way to help me cure my pcos so that i will have regular period and to help me conceive,My husband also have low sperm count and motility what vitamins or medicine he needs to intake?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

PCOS presents with symptoms like irregular periods, anovulation, insulin resistance etc.
The usual treatment consists of hormonal pills , insulin sensitizers, weight reduction (in case of obesity) etc.
You are already on insulin sensitizer and as you are planning for pregnancy cyclical combined pills cannot be used.
So you can use progesterone pills in the second-half of your menstrual cycle with your doctor's advice which can regularize your cycles.
The treatment of lower sperm count and motility depends on the cause of the problem.
So let your husband get examined by XXXXXXX or urologist to find out the actual cause of the problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.