Have middle uterus cramping with sharp pains. Could I be pregnant?

I have middle uterues cramping with sharp pains and when I touch a little to the left by pubic bone it is soft but hurts and sends shooting pains. There is a small possibility I could be pregnant but I am not due until 26th of this month.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Although cramps are normal in females and are part of their menstrual cycle but they may signify implantation cramps and pregnancy.
However if pregnancy is absent then there can be various reasons for it.

Although there are chances that you may be pregnant however uterine cramps before you miss your period are rarely, if ever, a reliable sign of pregnancy. Typical uterine cramps without being pregnant or before your menstrual period are usually caused by an increase in prostaglandin hormones, chemicals that increase shortly before your menstrual period. In general, among the many causes for cramps are:

If your periods are about to come.
ovulation pain
swollen ovaries after clomid or other fertility medications
Ectopic pregnancy.

I think you should wait for your periods and then act accordingly whether you are pregnant or not.
As far as pain in pubic area is concerned,it could be due to some urinary reasons or some musculo skeletal reasons or some inflamed lymphnodes.This requires a physical examination to arrive at the likely diagnosis.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck