Have low functioning thyroid and taking synthroid. Need opinion regarding unexplained skin rash

I have a low functioning thyroid and have had for many years. I take synthroid for it. My body temperature is never 98.6. My normal temp is 97.4. So when I am sick and go to the dr and they take my temp they say I don't have a fever when my temp is say 98.4. But I feel like I have a fever. I am 67 years old. Right now my temp is running like 98.4 today and I don't feel well. I also have an unexplained skin rash. I have my regular Dr appt tomorrow but I would like your opinion on this. I have been to a dermatologist and he is not sure what the rash is either.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Labs needed

Detailed Answer:
Sometimes when one is on a higher-than-necessary dose of synthroid, it can produce a sensation of being hotter than usual. So it is important to check your thyroid hormone levels in the blood in the form of TSH and free T4 to assess the appropriateness of the synthroid dose.
It is fair that the regular doctor evaluates your rash and the feverish feeling. Sometimes synthroid can have an allergic reaction unless you are on the 50 mcg dose which is white in color ie it has no XXXXXXX on it. Other doses of synthroid are in color and have XXXXXXX in it which has been implicated as the cause of the allergic reaction.
Follow-up: Have low functioning thyroid and taking synthroid. Need opinion regarding unexplained skin rash 3 minutes later
The synthroid that I take is white. I have my labs that were done locally at their health fair and will review them with the dr. tomorrow. Is it normal for my temp to be 97.4 all the time?
The synthroid that I take is white. My labs were done at our local health fair and hopefully Dr. will have them tomorrow. One of my main questions is the body temperature. If I am getting the correct amt of synthroid why wouldn't my body temp by normal instead of 97.4?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
The body's temperature regulation system is complex. The thyroid is only a part of it. If your thyroid is functioning fine then you need to explore other causes for this