Have left femoral hernia. Took tramadol. Feel pain, cold, faint and sweaty. What can be done?

I have a left femoral hernia. I have been booked for hernia repair in 2 weeks. I have been in pain for the past few days I took tramadol 150mg last night as it was prescribed. It did nothing to my pain. I've had broken sleep due to pain and this morning after I got up I felt faint, cold and sweaty as well as dizzy. My pain has reduced a little bit but I'm still uncomfortable. I'm wondering if this is a side effect from pain killer which I took about 10 hours ago
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Tramadol is a centrally acting synthetic analgesic which is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pains.
Your symptoms are definitely due to the use of this drug and this specially occurs more to people who are taking it for the first time or who are not used to take it regularly.
The most common side effects of this drug are..
Nausea,vomiting,sweating,dizziness,spinning sensations,drowsiness,headache,feeling nervous,upset stomach etc.
There is nothing to worry as the effect would wear off soon.
In case you feel that your symptoms do not improve in next 6 to 8 hours,you may go to ER to exclude any other cause for it.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck