Have irregular periods, taking Metformin, Thyronorm and Ova care. Scan shows polycyst. Done laparoscopy. Help

Hello Doctor, im having irregular periods from past 2 years, im married and trying to conceive but unable to. Right now im taking Metformine, Thyronorm before food and Ova care Forte daily. In scanning it is showing that i have polycyst. An year ago i had laproscopy to remove cyst from my left ovaries.

PLease help me with this.

Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query and uploading the reports. I have seen them. Both the values are in the normal range.

In today's life PCOS is a common problem.

First line of treatment is weight reduction. You should reduce your weight, do daily exercise & avoid heavy & spicy food.

Although your reports are normal but still if periods remain irregular, then medications are started & you are taking good medications as prescribed by most of the Gynaecologists.

Wait for some time, if still failure of conception persists you can start ovulation inducing drugs & can undergo follicular study under guidance of your Gynaecologist.

I think your query has been answered. Please do let me know if you have more concerns.

Take Care.