Have iron deficiency. Discovered 1.7cm polyp on thyroid. Family history with thyroid. Guide?

I am wondering what the recommended Hgb # is for transfusing 45yo f relatively healthy with, of course, polyp on thyroid on ER examination and CT of neck after car wreck with injury. Have seen ENT and was relieved to be informed this is not significant even with a family history of mother with some thyroid anomoly, thyroidectomy, but died at age 40 from aneurism when I was 14 so her PMH was unclear.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 37 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The cause of anemia should be detected wherever feasible.
The threshold for blood transfusion is classical 7.0gm/dl, and 9gm when there is history of cardiac problems.
Thyroid mass can be inconsequential and may not need any treatment if asymptomatic.
Iron supplement is recommended in form of Ferrous fumarate 100mg thrice a day.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.