Have intense pain in foot. Remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have intense pain during the night while lying horizontally on either side. The pain is on the top of my right foot and even the touch of the sheet is intolerable.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing to Healthcare magic,

I have studied your case,

As per your history probably there may compression of arterial blood supply to your lower limb which leads to intense pain even on touch.

I would like to know, are you having diabetes? Do you smoke? You are having pain ONLY after you lie down horizontally?

Few differential diagnosis which can give similar symptoms is gout in which swelling and redness is associated.As you said overlap of toes probably hallux valgus can lead to local pain due to tissue compression.

You may need clinical examination from orthopaedic surgeon .May require to investigate in form of colour Doppler, serum uric acid ,and x XXXXXXX foot.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.