Have increased heart rate after using sex toy. Took 1mg klonopin. Am I having methamphetamine in system?

Cardiologist
Question
I may have methamphetamine in my system, and was using a rubber sex toy on myself anally using (very) old corn oil as lubricant. My heart rate shot up to 173 30 minutes after I did this, and I'm experiencing heart pain when breathing in deeply and very elevated heart rate. I took 1mg klonopin to try and counteract the symptoms, but I'm wondering if that was a good idea. I'm also wondering if I should go to the hospital at this point.
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology.
Methylamphetamine can raise heart rate and can go up to maximum possible to 220-age,so in your case even up to 198 could have been possible. Heart rate is not harmful per se. The palpitation which it produces is at times causes heartache. There is no harm in going to what Food & Drugs Administration says about amphetamine. I quote
"Do not use this medication if you are allergic to amphetamine and dextroamphetamine or if you have:
heart disease or moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension)
arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
overactive thyroid
glaucoma
severe anxiety, tension, or agitation; or
if you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction
Some stimulants have caused sudden death in children and adolescents with serious heart problems or congenital heart defects. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have:
a congenital heart defect
high blood pressure
heart failure, heart rhythm disorder, or recent heart attack
a personal or family history of mental illness, psychotic disorder, bipolar illness, depression, or suicide attempt
epilepsy or other seizure disorder; or
tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette's syndrome
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to amphetamine and dextroamphetamine or if you have:
overactive thyroid
glaucoma
if you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction"

Your sex toy only added to excitement/ anxiety and produced severe anxiety. Clonazepam (Klonopin) a prescription drug- since you have it you can take one mg more now and one mg 6 hours later and try to relax yourself by some less stressful activity or sleep. You will be fine. Of course I would be failing in my job, if I do no tell you by use of illicit drugs sudden cardiac deaths have occurred. By Almighty's grace you had been saved. You have shown will power by writing this mail. Show a little more courage and join a rehab program. Rubber toys can not kill you but surely drugs can. Good Luck. If you have a follow up query you may ask.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW