Have hypothyroid. Missing period. What could be the reason?

Question
I have hypothyroid.My last period was on 7th XXXXXXX 13. Till today, have not got into periods. What could be reasons?
Got testting done -reports attached for reference.
What could be reasons
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

There are many reasons for missed periods like stress , hormonal imbalance, ovarian cyst, thyroid problem, emotional disturbances and of-course pregnancy.
Since you already have hypothyroidism and taking Eltroxine, i suspect imbalance in the dose could have led to missed periods.
Could you please reattach your report and send me . I think there was some error in your previous attachment.
Waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have hypothyroid. Missing period. What could be the reason? 5 minutes later
Have reuploaded the same. Done home testing twice for pregnancy - It is negative

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
I went through your medical reports in detail.
Microsomal antibody titres are very high. Graves' Disease and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis are commonly associated with the presence of anti-thyroid autoantibodies.
I recommend you to get a thyroid scan and discuss the same with Endocrinologist.
Menstrual problem will be corrected once thyroid problem is solved.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask follow up queries.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have hypothyroid. Missing period. What could be the reason? 35 hours later
I have done additional FSH and BHCG test as advised by my gyno.He advised that periods will come in 2-3 days time as I have ovulated very late this time. Further, he recommend that no medicine needs to be taken as of now for bringing periods.
I would like to know your views too.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Your Gynecologist is exactly right.
If you have ovulated late in this cycle, you can expect your periods in another 1 week. Its better to wait.

In case you don't get your periods by 1 weeks time, you can take progesterone supplements for 5 days. This will induce menstrual problem. Simultaneously thyroid work up is recommended.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer